It's only 9 months... but it feels like Maternity...

Now Known As Postnatal Oppression

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Not blogged much because not much has happened to be honest. It's still kicking around, particularly seemed to enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody the other night. I must remember to get hold of some Linguaphone CDs for it (well, why not - they'll either work, in which case it'll be able to learn languages really easily, or they won't, in which case nothing lost. A little voice at the back of my head is suggesting that I have completely lost it, but I didn't get where I am today by listening to the voice of reason).

I have managed to book one of these though http://www.a4dbaby.com/index.htm. We're going on Christmas Eve Eve, so we'll get to see it and find out what flavour it is right before Christmas, which is great. A bit extravagant maybe, but my hospital has a policy of not telling you the sex of the spawn and it costs nearly a ton to have a private sexing scan done anyway, so we thought we might as well get some freaky pictures at the same time.

The husband and I were debating whether or not to tell anyone else what sort it is once we know, but I have had threats of physical violence from Mrs. Baker and the people I work with if I don't tell them. Also, as he pointed out, people can buy us more stuff if they know what it is. I like his mercenary leanings there.

I'm booked in for my 2nd midwife check next week. God, booking that was a job in itself. I rang my local surgery to make the appointment, and got some snotty receptionist (wow, a snotty doctor's receptionist? Who'd have expected that?) who told me that I had to go on a Tuesday afternoon. When I said OK, I'd have to call back because I needed to check with work (it'd mean closing the office I'm working in for the afternoon) she got even more snotty. So I asked if I could go any other day. No, I couldn't. Could I go to a different clinic on a different day? No.
You gotta love their sense of customer service.

Sorry this isn't very upbeat, but I've been feeling a bit down. I haven't had a holiday this year, apart from a week spent putting up a new garden shed, and it sometimes feels like I'm the only person in this place doing any actual work. Also have had some really disagreeable customers in, whom I seem to have taken an instant dislike to, where otherwise I might have just ignored them. I've kind of bought into this spoiling-pregnant-wimmin lark and I'm feeling a bit cheated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home